Re: [orca-list] Trying Quantal Quetsal Alpha 3

Krishnakant Mane <krmane gmail com> wrote:
So my questions are,
1,Will I have to install gnome shell 3.4 on Ubuntu 12.04 or does it
come pre installed?

I don't know, but you should be able to use aptitude or apt-get to find
out what packages are installed on your system and then install any additional
packages you require. If you don't know how to do that, then I suggest some
reading. For example:
http://debian-handbook.info/
covers package management under debian, most of which should apply to Ubuntu
as well.
2, can you please list the keyboard shortcuts for accessing the
applications list and - pane?
F1 to start the "activities" screen, then Alt-ctrl-tab to switch between the
various components of the desktop, including the top panel, dash, applications
list, windows list and search area.
For more details: https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/CheatSheet (save it for
reference).
I remember some one had given an overview a couple of months back,
but I can't dig that email right now.

I would suggest organizing your mail so you can find messages easily. You can
also search the mailing list archive on the Web to read prior posts.