Re: [orca-list] Ring in the New Year by typing numbers!

Wouldn't the Zero key be an exception? On the desktop, that is also
the insert key and the insert key status changes within applications
and not as a stand-alone thing.  I had planned in the past to create
something that would cause Orca to speak the changed status from
applications like Ooo Writer, gedit and other similar text editing
environments.  I haven't forgotten about it so would still like to be
able to get something like this going when I find the spare time
again.  Orca can't do this by itself because it would have to know
where the application is on this.  Realize that some applications
wouldn't have an insert toggle at all so in those cases, Orca could
not speak the status so that's why that key would be quiet most of the
time.