Re: [orca-list] Ring in the New Year by typing numbers!

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 01:23:09PM -0500, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
See my response to Paul. For what it's worth, I too have been bitten by
that very thing. Key echo makes me crazy since I can touch type quickly
and accurately (modulo the numeric row). Thus for me, key echo is never
enabled. And this raises an interesting question: If expert users and
the developer herself make this mistake, maybe we should be doing
something differently within Orca so that a user has to actively disable
the speaking of locking keys. I dunno. What say you all?

I don't usually use key echo either; I sometimes like to use word echo
but I think toggle keys or locking keys should be echoed if that
option is enabled regardless of the other key echo parameters.