Re: [orca-list] Ring in the New Year by typing numbers!

Hey Steve, all.

On Mon, 2012-01-02 at 10:01 -0800, Steve Holmes wrote:
While talking about toggling of the num lock key, I also notice that
the Caps lock key does not speak the status of that toggle either.

See my response to Paul. For what it's worth, I too have been bitten by
that very thing. Key echo makes me crazy since I can touch type quickly
and accurately (modulo the numeric row). Thus for me, key echo is never
enabled. And this raises an interesting question: If expert users and
the developer herself make this mistake, maybe we should be doing
something differently within Orca so that a user has to actively disable
the speaking of locking keys. I dunno. What say you all?

Thanks and take care.
--joanie