Re: [orca-list] Proposal: Locking key state will always be announced

Though now that I think of it, there is a feature that would make me
very much love Orca's magnification... You see, my hands also tremor,
and when using the gnome magnification the whole screen shakes...  If
there was a way to poll the mouse position every half second, instead of
continuously... That would be great...

Timothy
Timothy Hobbs pÃÅe v Po 02. 01. 2012 v 21:02 +0100:
Joanmarie,

I think it might be reasonable to ask if anyone here actually uses
Orca's magnification feature.  I would fit into the category of people
who can see well but use magnification for text(dyslexia + various
movement disorders of the eyes[which really sounds worse than it is]).
But I use Gnome3's built in magnification feature(available from the
black man in the circle at the top of the screen).  It has significantly
better performance, stability, uses screen space more efficiently.
Perhaps this is a case were you should give blind users precedence.  It
is also perhaps a case where you might stop doing screen magnification
within Orca and instead work on making sure Orca works with the screen
magnification within gnome itself.

This is actually another place where things are getting worse from an
accessibility standpoint.  I have trouble reading long lines of text
because my eyes tremor and jump around a bit(I lose my place, have to
use my fingers to stay focused on the right bit of text).  It used to be
true that in firefox I could simply zoom in the text and the text would
wrap, thus making the lines shorter.  Now as more people use various
techniques to strictly define the format of their web pages, this
zooming no longer works(it causes horizontal pan scrolling instead of
wrapping).  So I find I am using the gnome zoom feature more and
more(which is of course less comfortable than simply having large
wrapped text...

Timothy

Joanmarie Diggs pÃÅe v Po 02. 01. 2012 v 20:23 +0100:
Hey Andy.