Re: [orca-list] Considering switching from Mac

Hi Dominique,

The same way you would upgrade any Ubuntu system. If you were running 11.10 you could run update-manager, and it will tell you a new version of Ubuntu is available. From there its simply a case of following the dialogs to download and update Ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04. Since you are upgrading via an internet connection like this all your data etc in theory would be safe provided something didn't go wrong in the update process.

Basically, the only difference between a wubi install and a traditional Ubuntu install is that with wubi you installed the OS to a Windows swap file instead of a native Linux partition. It runs a bit slower, and you are limited to a 30 GB size limit, but in all other respects it works just like a natively installed version of Ubuntu.

Cheers!