Re: [orca-list] installing linux on the mac

Hi Andy,

Sweet! I like your system specs. However, I do agree that virtual machines are usually only good for testing out a new OS, or for people who don't want to commit to Linux or whatever they are running in a virtual machine. That said, with something like a Mac though its better to use a virtual machine, because it is a pain to completely replace Mac OS with a different OS like Linux. You can't install firmware updates etc without Mac OS being installed on the machine. So its generally not a good idea to just remove Mac OS completely. You end up having to install Linux in a virtual machine like VMWare, or use Boot Camp to create a separate partition etc for Linux.

Cheers!