Re: [orca-list] Problems with qt-atspi and Orca

Hy Thomas,

For example, I very like trying development releases and reporting bugs for Orca development version related, of course my primary operating system is Linux too. Because my notebook builtin CPU doesn't support hardware virtualization, I impossible to use for example KVM to running testing systems with virtual machine. Some months ago I tryed install Wmvare player from source, but I doesn't have luck. One hour later the compilation doesn't end, so I terminated the process, possible I haven't got enough patient. :-):-)
I using the installer with console mode.
Christopher, you sending me a working version link, and some tips what settings need to access Wmvare player with Orca? I think this application have console interface for Linux. Not producing problems with Vmware Player in Linux if my notebook have only an Intel Dualcore T2300 Cpu (1,73 GHZ)? With my notebook memory is enough, 2 GB DDR II 667 MHZ. For example if I try using Qemu for virtualization, I haven't got luck, the virtualized system is very slow because missing I think the hardware virtualization.

Temporary virtualization missing my machine not matter, because I have got a 10 GB testing partition for development releases testing.

So, my machine have now an awerage working purpose Lucid system, and now an Oneiric testing system.

Now, in Unity 2D some functions not yet full accessible, but my purpose perfect enough GNOME3 with fallback mode, now I better like traditional interface. My openion you doing a fresh install or upgrade later if you would like using Oneiric for example with GNOME3 fallback session, othervise, you keep with your Natty system until the support is not expiring. I think you need carefuly when you doing with upgrade from Natty to Oneiric, because Oneiric moving full with gsettings from gconf. I don't no old gconf settings automaticaly converting or not with new GSettings standard when upgrade is happening. For example, I don't no when will be land in Oneiric the accessible login supporting Lightdm version for screen reader, Luke possible answering this question. In latest a11y IRC meeting I see a promise with new Lightdm upstream version will be supporting accessible login with screen reader support.
The IRC log link is following:
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2011-09-06

Attila