Re: [orca-list] Renaming Files in GNOME

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:

While I'm at it, I think I would like to find something better than
Nautilus.  It takes nearly five minutes for a list of 500 files to be
displayed and for Orca to speak them.  Anyone know of a better file
browser?

Dired mode in Emacs.

Alternatively, there is mc, which I haven't tried.

I generally use the shell for this with find, rm, mv, cp, ln, ls, grep  etc.
Maybe it's my file organization habits, but there are very few situations in
which I want a file browser.