Re: [orca-list] Orca and XFCE

Hi Glenn,

Yeah, you are right. Ubuntu 11.04 seems to be a step backwards instead
of forwards. Its for that reason I'm strongly thinking of reinstalling
10.04 LTS, and using that as my primary Linux operating system. Plus
using a long term support release that would be a good stable
development platform as well. Although, given all the new changes etc
in Ubuntu of late I'm strongly thinking of ditching Ubuntu altogether
and going Debian or perhaps Arch. Ubuntu just doesn't seem commited to
accessibility the way earlier releases were.

On the topic of Xfce I just installed it, and its so-so. Some things
work alright such as mousepad, and a few other Xfce apps, but the
thunar file manager isn't fully accessible. I notice when poking
around the desktop there plenty of areas where it could be improved.
Best bet is to stick with Gnome 2 if you can.

Cheers!