Re: [orca-list] orca-list] Orca speech slows down from time to time

Hello,
I also am using espeak and have no interest in festival or flite due to the performance of those and the sounds of the voices. The only other software synth I would consider using is the IBM viavoice, except that has issues with speech-dispatcher (I think it was an issue of how it was behaving with the priority message level orca uses which lead to orca not producing full output).

Also, just a slight update as well, it certainly isn't specific to Mozilla products, I noticed the same problem occurring in gedit.

Are we fairly certain that this is a speech-dispatcher issue? Shall I report it to the speech-dispatcher list? Has anyone noticed this speech slow down with other speech-dispatcher clients or is it specific with orca? Could it be that speech-dispatcher expects different usage.

Michael Whapples