[orca-list] Orca speech slows down from time to time

Hello,
I have noticed an issue, I think it has shown itself before but it has recently shown itself more frequently and has become annoying and inconvenient. However I do suspect it might be an issue with speech-dispatcher.

What the issue is is that from time to time Orca will suddenly start talking slowly (I think it might be the default speed rather than what my settings are set to). I am particularly noticing it when reading messages in thunderbird, however I do not know whether it is specific to thunderbird. Also this may occur while using read all in reading a message (IE. its happening while I am not doing anything on the keyboard).

If I open the orca preferences, pressing apply does not return the speech to the correct rate, I have to go to the speech tab and adjust the rate slider (when I go to the speech tab the rate slider is set correct although speech is slow). It is this latter thing that makes me think it may be a speech-dispatcher issue as it is only orca doing a speech rate change which resets the speech rate.

I am using orca 3.2 with speech-dispatcher.

What might I do to track this issue down more? Anyone else noticing the issue.

Michael Whapples