[orca-list] Orca Speech Output in the Firefox Navigation Toolbar

Hello, everyone.

I must say that I have really enjoyed having the ability to (for the greater part) use Ubuntu 11.10 without relying on what small amount of vision I have.

I have a very quick question about Firefox. I hope that this is not a repeat question; I tried to search the mailing list archives to see if there were any other instances of this, but I did not find any (keeping in mind that my searching abilities are borderline Novice/Intermediate).

I have Orca set to echo keystrokes. When I hit CTRL+L to enter the location area of the Navigation Toolbar, Orca does not echo keystrokes as I type in a Web address. This is also the case for the Search portion of the said toolbar. Would this be (as I am assuming) a bug or lacking feature on the Firefox-side?

Having the speech output feature in the Navigation Toolbar is not absolutely essential for me, but it would help in some cases.

I am basically a beginner with Orca, so please excuse any of my ignorance.

Thanks for any input on this.

Take care.