Re: [orca-list] Orca Speech Output in the Firefox Navigation Toolbar

Robert Cole <rkcole72984 gmail com> wrote:

I have Orca set to echo keystrokes. When I hit CTRL+L to enter the
location area of the Navigation Toolbar, Orca does not echo
keystrokes as I type in a Web address. This is also the case for the
Search portion of the said toolbar.

This could be the same bug that others have reported in Firefox which prevents
deleted characters from being announced when backspace is typed.

I'm using a braille display, which is correctly updated as I type in Firefox,
and I turn key echo off in the speech output.

If it's the same bug, then it is indeed a firefox/Gecko issue.