Re: [orca-list] has anyone noticed this?

I usually use Word mode where characters aren't echoed until I hit
space or other punctuations anyway.  But that's right; i changed back
to key echo recently but don't recall that much problem typing text
but then again, I do most of my mail composition and text editing in
emacs under the text console:).

As another note however, text input in Firefox and Thunderbird have
been a *MAJOR* sore spot for some time now.  I keep hoping this major
bug would be fixed with each new version of the Mozilla products but
alas, no fix yet.  But this last thing may not be related to your
observations.