[orca-list] speechd-up installation error

On my system spd-say test does get one voice speaking which tells me the
remaining voices cannot yet speak and I'm told about the speechd-up.log
file.  I'll read that through shortly.  This isn't a New England special
situation "you can't get there from here" entirely because at least that
one voice spoke so I have things partially working.  The rest of this
message is speakup clipboard output from installing python-speechd which
isn't a debian dependency but probably ought to become one.

Setting up speechd-up (0.5~20110719-1) ...
Starting Interface between speakup and speech-dispatcher : speechd-up[Sat Oct 15 05:25:32 2011] speechd:
Configuration has been
read from "/etc/speechd-up.conf"
Starting speechd-up...
To work, speechd-up needs speakup and speakup_soft modules.
They are loaded automatically. If you don't want, type
rmmod speakup speakup_soft
 failed!
invoke-rc.d: initscript speechd-up, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing speechd-up (--configure):
Setting up python-speechd (0.7.1-6) ...
configured to not write apport reports
 speechd-up
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Setting up speechd-up (0.5~20110719-1) ...
Starting Interface between speakup and speech-dispatcher : speechd-up[Sat Oct 15 05:25:34 2011] speechd:
Configuration has been
read from "/etc/speechd-up.conf"
Starting speechd-up...
To work, speechd-up needs speakup and speakup_soft modules.
They are loaded automatically. If you don't want, type
rmmod speakup speakup_soft
 failed!
invoke-rc.d: initscript speechd-up, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing speechd-up (--configure):
 speechd-up

Jude <jdashiel shellworld net>
If I got a nickel for every message I've already sent supporting Microsoft
Windows and its applications I'd have enough to retire on comfortably no
matter what the stock market did.