Re: [orca-list] [VINUX-DEVELOPMENT] Orca caps-lock fix

I've attached an alternate patch to Orca to fix the caps lock problem
that does not require any change to any other package.  It's a bit of
a hack.  It calls xkbcomp to get the entire keyboard state, makes the
change we need, and calls xkbcomp again to write the modified keyboard
map.

On the positive side, it should in theory just work for everyone, and
there's no need to delay the fix while we wait on an upstream patch.
My recommendation is to go ahead and apply (and Orca-fy) the patch to
orca.py while we wait for upstream to add the new caps mode, and for
the various distros that work with orca to ship with the new mode.
Then we can ship the simpler patch that just enables the new caps lock
mode.

I'll get the upstream patch started ASAP, after a meeting I'm about to
attend.  However, it will probably be a while before Orca can count on
having the new caps mode.  In the meantime, this hack should work
well.

Bill