Re: [orca-list] changing default desktop?

Hi Hank,

Once you select the default desktop from the login screen it will
remember the default desktop the next time you reboot and login. So if
you select Ubuntu Classic, IE Gnome 2.32, it will login into Gnome by
default unless you switch back to Unity manually.

As for Unity you don't need an upgrade of Orca to use it. I suspect
your problem is unfamiliarity rather than screen reader issues. As I
said in my prior e-mail alt+f1 takes you to the apps launcher bar and
not the Gnome panel menu you are probably expecting. If you aren't
seeing what you think you should be seeing that's because Unity is
quite a bit different from Gnome in looks as well as keyboard commands
etc. In other words, you are dealing with a whole new ball game here.
Until you read the Ubuntu 11 User's Guide you aren't going to
completely understand the differences between Gnome and Unity.