Re: [orca-list] changing default desktop?

Hi Alex,

Currently I'm using Unity with At-Spi 1. I've elected not to upgrade
to at-spi 2 until various issues get fixed etc. So in answer to your
question it is possible to use Unity with At-Spi1.

However, let us make it clear that accessibility is not quite up to
the same standard as Gnome 2.32. Its not just a difference of keyboard
commands, but I've had to find work arounds for some issues. For
instance, when I try to read the menu of applications Orca doesn't
announce the icon/launcher I'm on. This might be an issue for some
users, but is no big deal for me. If I want to launch an app like
gedit, for example,  I will just press alt+f2, type "gedit", press
enter, and launch the application. So I don't really need the icons
and launchers to start an application. The alternative is to add
launchers to your app launcher panel so that when you press alt+f1 to
go to the app launcher there will be launcher buttons for most of the
apps you use. This will nigate having to search the inaccessible menus
for the same launcher.

HTH