Re: [orca-list] Is anyone using Orca with Emacspeak? And does speech-dispatcher support hardware synths?

Actually, speakup has /dev/synth interface that allows talking to any currently loaded synthesizer if the driver for it is loaded. For one thing, it can easy things, for another: I remember speakup doesn't support serial converters. Also, some warning: apollo's multi language support is bad, or at least "was bad". For example, my polish apollo uses the encoding that had little use in polish even in the times of DOS, and it's polish-only encoding.
Nothing supports it, actually.