From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Steve Holmes
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:29 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Is anyone using Orca with Emacspeak? And does
speech-dispatcher support hardware synths?

I tend to agree with Tomas here; hardware synths are a lot harder to use
with newer machine hardware.  However, if one could develop a module for
speech dispatcher which could talk to the modern USB ports, those hardware
boxes could find a nice home again.  I myself, do use EmacSpeak in its own
environment when in Emacs at the console but I never use the EmacSpeak synth
interface from Orca.