Re: [orca-list] Open/Libre Office: Structural Navigation added for buttons, check_box, combo_box, entry, heading, list box and table.

When I first heard of the submitted patch, I was excited but when
Joannie commented on OOo bugs, it made me think again.  The
fundamental problem here with the over all a11y solutions is one
doesn't know where to look in many cases.  At least I sure don't
know.  I had no idea there were bugs in OOo that would have anything
to do with.  I think this has been the problem for me; it almost
sounds like a finger pointing game; which application is
responsibible for which part of the accessibility equation? This has
been a problem in Windows, where application developers won't even
stick to standard controls, let alone conform to use of a standard
process of exposing a11y information.  I think this issue will even
worsen with the eventual loss of the ability to build off screen
models.  A standard a11y PI is a good idea but it the burden of
exposure of events and control properties is thrust upon developers, I
really wonder how much co-operation we will really get.  Now I also
realize if the underlying tool kits do most of this heavy lifting,
then the burden on developers should be minimal.  "Should" is the
explotive here however.  Furthermore, all and I mean, ALL tool kits
need to conform to this practice.

Sorry for the ranting here, but I still have a problem knowing how to
point out these type of a11y issues to 3rd party developers who
probably have know idea what Orca is let alone what ATK, AT-SPI,
etc. are.