Re: [orca-list] Open/Libre Office: Structural Navigation added for buttons, check_box, combo_box, entry, heading, list box and table.

I wish a few users test the patch before it is discarded. It worked fine when I tested. It is vital that the patch must not break Orca's performance and stability, but testing is the best way to check if it does.

It is not that I accepted Soffice bugs as fait accompli and started hacking Orca as the only option. In March 2011, I explored the AT-SPI support provided by Soffice and reported each bug that I noticed.
Open Office:
117204, 117206, 117256, 117260, 117274, 117542, 117547
Libre Office:
35105, 35107, 35110, 35111, 35112, 35129, 35652, 35654

We dont know when these bugs will get fixed. Soffice is a very popular application. Improving its accessibility will benefit a large number of users. This particular enhancement is also a part of the Orca roadmap. So I wrote some code to work round the Soffice bugs. I am a new contributor. More experienced developers can improve my code. Almost all the additional code is in a single file. It can be just deleted as soon as Soffice bugs get fixed and the default code is able to handle things.

I feel this is in line with Orca methodology of having one default script to handle the common functions and a special script for each nonconforming application.

-- Dattatray Bhat