Re: [orca-list] alternative mail client

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 01:08:39PM -0400, Kyle wrote:
each message in the list. Looks like Thunderbird is the only thing
that works at the moment, but I'm not complaining, because aside
from a few bugs that have come up recently, like having to tab
before I can read a message sometimes, and having to restart Orca
other times, Thunderbird has worked quite solidly here for several
years.

Yeah, I liked thunderbird quite a lot over the past few years but
since about version 3.3 pree or so, I found that I could only read a
single message body and then I would have to restart Orca each time.
I just now installed thunderbird 5 from the standard Arch repositories
and I can read messages one after the other now but I have to
constantly restart Orca in order to update the status of the message
list and mail folder tree.  It makes me think The Mozilla stuff is not
notifying the ATK framework of any changes to the folder tree or
message list.  Every time I restart Orca from the run dialog, these
items get brought current again including the message read/unread
status icons.  At least I can use thunderbird a bit more effectively
again.  but for bulk handling of mail, I still use Mutt with emacs and
emacspeak for the editing envirfonment.