Re: [orca-list] alternative mail client

What are you looking for? A command line mail client or one for the
desktop? I guess you're looking for something for the desktop, since
this is an Orca list.

If you're looking for one with a GUI the only alternative I can think of
is Evolution, but I prefer Thunderbird. I find Evolution to be a bit
slow, at least when using it with IMAP. The keyboard commands are also a
bit clunky. Why do you want to avoid thunderbird anyway? There's also
Seamonkey, but this is also from Mozilla and is obviously similar to
thunderbird. What distribution are you talking about? I mention this
because Evolution is the default mail client tor Ubuntu.

For the command line, there's alpine and mutt, that I'm aware of, at
least if you're talking about IMAP.