Re: [orca-list] (RFC) speaking position in XUL menus

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:53:34PM +0100, Hammer Attila wrote:
Hy,

Sorry trevor, I prewious missunderstood your first letter. :-):-)

np

If possible I not  suggest removing the position index spokening
with XUL menus, if possible restoring the oldest Orca announced
position index values for this menu objects only.

ok, so you'd rather have us gues your position in the menu instead of
 Ok, so you'd rather have a gues where you are in the full menu than
 firm knowledge where you are ina group of items in the menu.

So, I suggest following solution if this is possible and not risk
the good performance with Thunderbird 3.1.7 and higher versions
message list:
"- we can go back to the old guesing algorithm for menus, which isn't
  hard, but its often broken."
Why broken the oldest algorithm for this menues? When I doing a git
reset --hard command, I always hear right position index values for
example in Thunderbird or Firefox opened File menu.

yes, file seems to be fine here to.

For example if I pulling down the Edit menu with this window, I hear
following index values:
"Undo 1 of 15
Paste 5 of 15"
This is happening I think because have some grayed menu items before
paste menu item.

yes, I'm seeing similar if I open a random site in firefox and look at
the edit menu I see select all, find find all, and preferences which are
7 - 10 of 10.  imho that's atleast as "incorrect" as just getting  your
position in a group.

Or with you talking error of this algorithm is an another error?

I don't actually know why that's happening, but yes, this is the issue I
am refering to.

Trev

Attila