Re: [orca-list] (RFC) speaking position in XUL menus

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:44:02AM +0100, Hammer Attila wrote:
Hy,

Trev, I think you are full right this changed position index values
mean this menues are have a group.
Look for example if you reply a message the file menu items.
The first two menu item is new and attachment.
The second group two menu item is related with save (save and save as).
The third menu group related with the message sending, etc.
If the position index value is 1 of 1, this is mean the actual menu
item is not have any menu group, this is a single menu item. I
hopefuly understand right this new values meaning.

yes, that is how it works.

Not possible restore original position index calculation only with
pyatspi.ROLE_CHECK_MENU_ITEM, pyatspi.ROLE_MENU_ITEM,
pyatspi.ROLE_RADIO_MENU_ITEM, pyatspi.ROLE_TEAROFF_MENU_ITEM, and
pyatspi.ROLE_MENU?

 Yes, as I said this is one option.

If not, I think have possible choosing ways, possible I am not known
all fix ways:
1. If the users not disturb this new changed values, we keep this
method with menues and menu items, because this change need with
correct spokening of position index value with message list.
2. Need inserting this object related formatting values with
src/orca/script/toolkits/Gecko/formatting.py file without
positionindex value. We lost the menu related now incorrect position
index values if we choosing this way.

I don't understand what you are saying here.

Trev

I not tested yet this fix way, but trying.
This is the last way fix if not have another way.

Attila