Re: [orca-list] Different desktop environments, expressing appreciation

Plus one on the appreciation for Joanie and all the others who make orca happen. I just also wanted to answer a question Joanie asked yesterday. Yes, I would love to see the directions on building xfce from master. I for one don't mind Unity, so will try orca from Master any way, but I know some people who might get a better linux experience out of xfce. Thanks for all the hard work, and Happy New Year.

Guy

On 12/31/2011 09:21 AM, Albert Sten-Clanton wrote:
Yes, a big plus plus on appreciation for Joanie et al.  My frustrations are
many, but they presumably come from the folks whose "improvements" throw
extra work in Joanie's and Others' direction.

More or less in this vein, happy New Year to all!

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Jason White
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 8:53 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Different desktop environments

Jason White<jason jasonjgw net>  wrote:

And others will say the same about console-based BRLTTY, Speakup, Yasr and
the rest.

Just to clarify my own post, I'm a very committed braille display and BRLTTY
user as well. The Linux console environment really is the best so far as
accessibility is concerned.

For those indispensable X applications, Orca is essential at the moment,
however - thanks to Joanie et al., for making sure that Linux stays on my
desktop and on my laptop. I know there are other people (some on this list)
who similarly use Linux as their only desktop operating system and for whom
accessibility is a fundamental requirement. I am sure they would all join me
in expressing appreciation and support.

The manual is at
Log bugs and feature requests at http://bugzilla.gnome.org Find out how to
help at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/HowCanIHelp