Re: [orca-list] Different desktop environments

Timothy Hobbs <timothyhobbs seznam cz> wrote:
Which is why everyone will just move back to emacs and emacspeak :D

As an Emacspeak enthusiast, I agree.

And others will say the same about console-based BRLTTY, Speakup, Yasr and the rest.

I stay out of graphical desktop environments as much as I can (1) because I
don't like the user interfaces and (2) because the accessibility support is
not as reliable as it could be.

I think many of us will end up running minimalist window managers, together
with Orca, just in order to run whatever X applications are realy needed. I
don't need anything from a desktop environment other than to run Firefox and
any other application that requires the X Window System.