Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 11.10 and unity 3d

                Hy Dave,

I simple installed gnome-session-fallback package, and change the session with gnome-fallback session. I copy Luke letter part how can you possible change session without need you logged out and stop Lightdm, but I not tried yet this solution: "You need to know what your user ID is, not your user name your user ID number. To find this out, open a terminal and run:
echo $UID
Make a note of the number you hear, you will need it in the next command. To make the change, run this command:

dbus-send --type=method_call --system --reply-timeout=1000 --dest=org.freedesktop.Accounts /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User$uid org.freedesktop.Accounts.User.SetXSession string:ubuntu-2d

Where $uid is your user ID number, mine is 1000.
accessibility at login will certainly be fixed for precise, and may be fixed in oneiric as well, depending on how invasive the fix is."
You need simple replace unity-2d with gnome-fallback the last command.

If this method are not help you, have an another possibility:
1. run sudo gedit /var/lib/AccountsService/users/yourusername command, yourusername is equals your real username. 2. Replace the Xsession beginning line the session name with your wanted session after the equals sign, for example, if you want using GNOME3 fallback session, your line is following:
XSession=gnome-fallback
You need seeing following result the file before you doing a reboot:

[User]
XSession=gnome-fallback

This is a possible non elegant method with session change, but me always working until Lightdm will be not accessible with screen reader.

Attila