Subject: Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 11.10 and unity 3d
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 10:30:26 +0100
From: Hammer Attila <hammera pickup hu>
To: Orca-list <orca-list gnome org>

		Hy Dave,

I simple installed gnome-session-fallback package, and change the
session with gnome-fallback session.
I copy Luke letter part how can you possible change session without need
you logged out and stop Lightdm, but I not tried yet this solution:
"You need to know what your user ID is, not your user name your user ID
number. To find this out, open a terminal and run:
echo $UID
Make a note of the number you hear, you will need it in the next
command. To make the change, run this command:

dbus-send --type=method_call --system --reply-timeout=1000
--dest=org.freedesktop.Accounts /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User$uid
org.freedesktop.Accounts.User.SetXSession string:ubuntu-2d

Where $uid is your user ID number, mine is 1000.
accessibility at login will certainly be fixed for precise, and may be
fixed in oneiric as well, depending on how invasive the fix is."
You need simple replace unity-2d with gnome-fallback the last command.

If this method are not help you, have an another possibility:
1. run sudo gedit /var/lib/AccountsService/users/yourusername command,
yourusername is equals your real username.
2. Replace the Xsession beginning line the session name with your wanted
session after the equals sign, for example, if you want using GNOME3
fallback session, your line is following:
XSession=gnome-fallback
You need seeing following result the file before you doing a reboot:

[User]
XSession=gnome-fallback

This is a possible non elegant method with session change, but me always
working until Lightdm will be not accessible with screen reader.

Attila