Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Default button of Orca]

On 21/04/11 12:27, Hammer Attila wrote:
Hy,

Alan, only have one matter: if this you would like tutorial application is a separate application, what happening if a full beginner visual impaired user not known how can possible launching your wanted tutorial application? You want this feature only with sighted users or easyest developers work if need testing accessibility support he's application for Orca? I little lost the thread.
It could perhaps be launched automatically on first login with the screenreader profile. It would be awesome to roll it into orca or something, but I can just start developing it as a standalone application and if it turns out to be useful it could be incorporated properly. If it is a separate application to begin with I can just get on with it without needing consensus that it is a good idea first :) In fact, I have started a bit already, for those who can see it here is a screenshot http://people.ubuntu.com/~alanbell/orcatutor.png and I will push the source later when I have removed some pointless dependencies.
Michael, interesting ydea. I think alan want a similar tutorial application with JAWS Talking Notepad, I very old time see this application, so not remember full what features known this application. If I remember right JAWS Talking Notepad prowide a possibility for user for example try example dialogs without risk real any setting of he's system. Your ydea is interesting too, if for example implementing future a "trainer" mode for Orca, with not equals for learning mode, learning mode and keyboard shortcut list mode helping only learning Orca keystrokes, but not help learning basic keyboard usage for GTK vidgets for screen reader. Look my ydea design for trainer mode related, not full clean the specification: Trainer mode presenting a simple dialog, with demonstrate all possible GTK vidgets. Before widgets, have a label, with tell the user when pressing TAB key, how can try using an example vidget (check box, radio button, etc, and what will be happening if he following the trained step).
exactly!