Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Default button of Orca]

On 21/04/11 10:30, Hammer Attila wrote:
Hy,

Sorry alan, prewious I only send you my answer.
If I remember right if a distro not have preconfigured Orca
user-settings.conf for example the live user home directory,
automaticaly presenting Orca the preferences dialog if accessibility
related settings are enabled.
Try you if accessibility and screen reader mode enabled your system
you remove with ~/.local/share/orca/user-settings.conf file, and
restart Orca if already running. You will be see automaticaly the
preferences dialog, and not Orca main window.
So, if a distro not containing a preconfigured Orca setting file, your
ydea is not helping this problem with Orca main window related. Only
in Ubuntu Natty for example if the moderate blindness, blindness, or
braille profile is selected, in live CD automaticaly creating casper
30accessibility script a default user-settings.conf file for live user
.local/share/orca directory.
thanks, I will have a look at that, I was wondering why the preferences dialog sometimes opened on startup, must be when I installed with the default profile.
If need fixing this problem, I think need following milestones:
1. Need doing a feature request for upstream level in bugzilla if not
existing actual logged in user .local/share/orca directory an
user-settings.conf file, Orca creating a default file if accessibility
related settings are enabled correctly without presenting automaticaly
the preferences dialog.
2. If this feature request is implemented and committed, need perhaps
change upstream level the default Orca window focused button if more
users want this for example you wanted help button. Better doing a
setting with possible changing this, and implementing perhaps a gui
setting preference for Orca general page? The problem, some users
perhaps want this change in Orca main window, some users not, so need
prowide a possibility to restore main focus order if your ydea is
agreed more users.

yeah, I was hoping it would be a 2 second minor tweak to a UI file that everyone would see as an improvement!
With help page related topic orders, I agree your ydea. The prewious
3.0 release development Joanie and other documentation contributors
doed a very big work to rewrite Orca documentation, this is not easy
work, future perhaps possible changing the topic orders with your
suggestions.
The help files are great, there is fantastic content in there and I do understand the effort that goes into that. My concern is just putting it in a discoverable sequence when navigating it using Orca. Maybe what I really want is a separate Orca user training application. Something that contains a bunch of radio buttons, check boxes, input fields, etc and labels that tell you step by step what keys to press to get you round.

Alan.