Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Default button of Orca]

Hy,

Sorry alan, prewious I only send you my answer.
If I remember right if a distro not have preconfigured Orca user-settings.conf for example the live user home directory, automaticaly presenting Orca the preferences dialog if accessibility related settings are enabled. Try you if accessibility and screen reader mode enabled your system you remove with ~/.local/share/orca/user-settings.conf file, and restart Orca if already running. You will be see automaticaly the preferences dialog, and not Orca main window. So, if a distro not containing a preconfigured Orca setting file, your ydea is not helping this problem with Orca main window related. Only in Ubuntu Natty for example if the moderate blindness, blindness, or braille profile is selected, in live CD automaticaly creating casper 30accessibility script a default user-settings.conf file for live user .local/share/orca directory.
If need fixing this problem, I think need following milestones:
1. Need doing a feature request for upstream level in bugzilla if not existing actual logged in user .local/share/orca directory an user-settings.conf file, Orca creating a default file if accessibility related settings are enabled correctly without presenting automaticaly the preferences dialog. 2. If this feature request is implemented and committed, need perhaps change upstream level the default Orca window focused button if more users want this for example you wanted help button. Better doing a setting with possible changing this, and implementing perhaps a gui setting preference for Orca general page? The problem, some users perhaps want this change in Orca main window, some users not, so need prowide a possibility to restore main focus order if your ydea is agreed more users.

With help page related topic orders, I agree your ydea. The prewious 3.0 release development Joanie and other documentation contributors doed a very big work to rewrite Orca documentation, this is not easy work, future perhaps possible changing the topic orders with your suggestions.
Upstream level you opening this request related a bug for bugzilla?
Some time I think enough changing the order for help/C/index.page file, and perhaps future writing the new paragraphs with you would like, but I am not full sure this, not known detailed Mallard specific documents.

Attila