Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu PPA with daily builds of Orca

Hello Christopher,

On Apr 21, 2011, at 5:13 AM, Christopher Chaltain wrote:

sudo apt-get upgrade

wouldn't the last command actually upgrade every package on my system?

Yes. But it would not upgrade from e.g. Maverick to Natty, rather it would
apply all the security and other bugfixes within your current Ubuntu release.

could I run something like

$ sudo apt-get install gnome-orca

to just update Orca?

yes. I wanted to mention both variants in the email exactly for the reason of
not upgrading the system, but did not want to complicate the email and
optimized for the common case where people want to keep their system
up-to-date with latest fixes for their Ubuntu release.

I apologize if this is a stupid question

no need to apologize, it is a good question, I thank you for the question :-)

Cheers,
Boris