Re: [orca-list] Draft Proposed Two-Year Roadmap

The only thing that really concernsme about rewrites in another
language is the overall conversion and what I would think to be
untimely delays while Orca would undergo a complete transformation,
just to keep up with current functionality and then get back to fixing
bugs and other enhancements.  Another issue about switching to another
language is the learning curve for all developers..  Not that people
can't learn a new language, but that kind of learning / traning would
just reduce or impair the availability of the few developers we have
now to work on this project.  I know for me to get more involved in
coding and stuff for Orca, I need to learn python presently.  If we
were to decide on some new language that most of don't know now, just
think of the time lost in us studying that and then convert all the
code and on and on.

A lot of areas of Orca seem quite responsive to me; the Mozilla stuff
is slower than hell due to sso many dead accessibles and slogging
through excessive other events, from what I've heard of.  If pypi is a
mere performance boost to python and python code could still be used
with it, then you could gain a performance boost without the loss of
programmer time due to relearning and tooling.