Re: [orca-list] What should 'orca -q' kill? (was Re: Odd behavior with restarting Orca)

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 12:10:56PM EST, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
In Orca from master, as you state, 'orca -q' works when you are logged
in as the user associated with the Orca process you wish to kill.
Personally, I think that is the desired behavior. If you don't own a
process, you shouldn't be able to kill that process IMHO. Or rather, you
shouldn't be able to kill it without doing normal unixy sysadminy
process killing commands. <smile>

The same can be said for pulseaudio. You may have several users running pulseaudio, but when you are in a
root terminal, running pulseaudio -k only kills the root pulseaudio session, if there is one. If you want to
kill other pulse processes of other users, you need to use the appropriate kill command.

I agree, this is the way it should stay.

Luke