Re: [orca-list] Gdm on Arch linux

 On -10/01/37 20:59, Halim Sahin wrote:
[...]

I can confirm that.
But I didn't remove the file.
I changed the shell of the gdm user and run the gconf cmds manually.
To autostart orca and for turning on a11y.
Please elaborate. I did change the shell for the GDM user like stated on the wiki page for accessible login
(the section referring to archlinux), however when it came to the gconftool-2 commands I just got errors
about not being able to set the variable. Please note I am talking about a fresh install of archlinux, the
/var/lib/gdm/.gconf directory was empty and I suspect that is part of the cause (IE. the only definition for
the gconf key is in the system wide gconf directory so it tries to modify the existing value rather than
create one in the user specific directory).

BTW.:
mkdir -p /var/lib/gdm/.local/share/orca
is also needed if you want to use orca -t to create the orca settings.
This should be solved in orca's git, not requiring that mkdir command, however for orca 2.32.0 it is still needed.
Regards
Halim