[orca-list] something interesting

i have just found something interesting.
i re-installed ubuntu lucid on my laptop, got all the latest updates and i even did a check for updates with the button in update manager. i then went to settings and found that i could get into the software sources settings which controls the kind of things for updates and upgrading from one version of ubuntu to another and this is the first time i have been able to access that information so i am now hoping my changes in these settings might get me from lucid to maverick as orca was reading information i have never accessed before. hopefully i might now have fount the solution to my problem upgrading now i am able to access the update settings for trying to get the upgrade. maybe my problem was the fact it was set for lts upgrades only but i will see how it goes as i have started an upgrade and speech has stopped responding to key presses but maybe this is because it is now getting the upgrade.