Re: [orca-list] Gdm on Arch linux

Yes; please read the other messages I pointed out on this list and the
speechd list concerning running speech-dispatcher as a system
service.  I also recently mentioned the package up on AUR called
speech-dispatcher-git which has all the speech-dispatcher configs in
place to support this function.

In addition, there is one hack you have to do for now until I get a
resolution to this and that is with /usr/bin/orca.  You will have to
go into that script and just before orca gets started, insert a line
to source /etc/profile.d/ This will set the environment
variable, $SPEECHD_ADDRESS which is needed to connect to the
speech-dispatcher server.  Be sure speech-dispatcher is already
running and verify that spd-say speaks a test string before restarting
gdm and you should be good to go.