Re: [orca-list] Gdm on Arch linux

 Hello,
There is another issue for getting accessible login on a new install. Basically when you install now there is a file /var/lib/gdm/.gconf.path which gets gconf to load settings from a system wide but read only source using settings to the GDM user only if they are defined. The problem with this is that as the system wide settings define /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility then when you try and set this it says it cannot set the key because the source is read only. temporarily removing this file from /var/lib/gdm/ will allow you to set the gconf keys needed for accessible login.

My questions go:
* Is this .gconf.path file  a standard file for gconf in GDM?
* Is this really a gconf or gdm bug, where should I report it?
* Is there a better way to tell gconf to set the value by using the user local settings files?

Michael Whapples