Re: [orca-list] Gdm on Arch linux

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 11:06:36PM +0200, Alejandro Leiva wrote:
I can confirm that.
But I didn't remove the file.
I changed the shell of the gdm user and run the gconf cmds manually.
To autostart orca and for turning on a11y.

BTW.:
mkdir -p /var/lib/gdm/.local/share/orca
is also needed if you want to use orca -t to create the orca settings.
Regards
Halim

Hi Halim, this issue is resolved by Michael Whapples's patch in
master and 2.32 branch

I believe the patch addresses the missing orca directory on startup
but not the other issue pointed out with gdm.  But concerning that
deal, when I did the gconf setups before, I did the exact same thing;
I logged into the gdm account with a shell and then made the changes;
I wasn't aware of any other way to do this.  So there really might not
be a real issue here.

Michael, if you could elaborate on when and how you did the gconf
changes, it would be interesting to know.  For example, from which
account did you make the gconf variable changes? Did you use
gconftool-2 from a command line or did you do it from a GUI some
place.  I always thought that one had to be in the gdm's actual
account in order to change gdm's gconf variables.