Re: [orca-list] Orca, Firefox/Gecko and the LONGDESC attribute

Hm I wasn't even talking about HTML5.  We're using longdesc on linked
images which doesn't work in the first place (because whenever we
have a complex graph or chart, we need everyone to get to the
descriptive text, not just screen reader users.  So we tend to make
the image or the caption text a link.  Which breaks longdesc).

Again I'm not saying this is a reason for Orca not to implement it,
but in web development we've been telling people to not use it, and
instead use other methods.  I have seen it used on web pages, though
I could count on one hand how often.

cheers,
-Mallory