Re: [orca-list] Orca, Firefox/Gecko and the LONGDESC attribute

Mallory van Achterberg <stommepoes stommepoes nl> wrote:
I'm not sure if this is relevant so much, because support for long-
descript was bad enough in other AT that web developers are not
encouraged to use it (also not D-LINKS for the same reason).

I'm well aware of ongoing discussions of this topic in relation to HTML 5.
However, several user-agents already support the attribute and I think it
should likewise be supported in Orca. There is, apparently, evidence that
LONGDESC is used on actual Web sites, so it isn't entirely a theoretical
exercise.

I don't know how well the Firefox/Gecko support extends, however.