Re: [orca-list] how to use jack in ubuntu?

Em 28/11/2010 11:23, VojtÄch PolÃÅek escreveu:
Unfortunatelly it didn't solve the problem.
There was no default.pa in my .pulse so i copied it there. Then I restarted, nothing changed, I didn't lose speech.
Then I copied over /etc/pulse/default.pa, no change.
I even set local and global speechd.conf to use only pulse, not alsa.
If I run jackd -d alsa even with sudo, alsa device is busy.
I'm probably out of luck. Or does I have to install something special to enable that plugin support?
Vojta"

As you could see for yourself, ALSA device is busy simply because your sound card should be reserved for JACK and nothing else, so everything will work as expected. Seems that pulse is connected to ALSA to a certain extent (someone with more technical knowledgement can help us better on this), so even if you use jackd -d alsa won't resolve the issue. Probably there's a possibility to make JACK and other stuff to work with the same sound card you have, but if is there such workaround, probably the JACK comunity could help you. See this page in case you are interested on subscribing to the JACK devel team.

Peace,

Edu.