[orca-list] question about Orca and something called Processing

Greetings!

A new Linux colleague and friend is trying to develop an application, or at least the use of an application, that will show data in ways useful to blind as well as sighted people. She's using something called Processing, whose relevant material and files are at

<http://www.processing.org>

I seem to have installed what I need to run the software.

I cannot run this software using the text console with Speakup. I must run it using Orca. When I go into the relevant subdirectory and run the command "./processing", Orca's speedch disappears. I understood my friend to say that the screen looks like it's supposed to. Without Orca, of course, I have no idea of what to do there. When she tried this using Orca on her machine (for muy sake, not hers), she got the same silence.

Has anybody here used this software? Does anybody have an idea why Orca kicks out, or what I might do to try to fix this? I gather this software's quite complex, and I know virtually nothing about it, but I'm sort of hoping there may be some generic thing connected with using Orca that may show the way to paradise and accessibility. (I especially appreciate my friend's endeavor to make non-visual access a priority, and want to help her if I can.)

Thanks for any advice.

Al