Re: [orca-list] how to use jack in ubuntu?

Hi,
Here is a possible workaround :-).

This happens because both servers want to get exclusive access to your
audio device.
On my machine I reconfigured my pulse to uses alsa's softmixing plugin
(dmix).
In that setup it can't block the audiocard.
Maybe this enough to get jack working??
Drop the attached file default.pa in your ~/.pulse folder and restart your
pulseaudio.
Do it on your own risk because if that doesn't work for you you might
loose audio output.
In that case simply remove the default.pa file and restart.
Let me Know if it helps :-).
BR.
halim