Re: [orca-list] new info on firefox keyboard shortcuts problem

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> writes:

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 09:54:18AM -0500, Robert D. Crawford wrote:
I went looking about for more possible information on what might be
causing the problem and I think I found it.  In

~/.local/share/orca/app-settings/Mozilla.py

I find this line:

orca.settings.orcaModifierKeys = ['Caps_Lock']

Yeah, delete this line from the fore mentioned script.  It shouldn't
be there.

I've deleted the line.  I also created the

~/.local/share/orca/app-settings/Mozilla-customizations.py

as well as

~/.local/share/orca/orca-customizations.py

They contain only the line

orca.settings.orcaModifierKeys = ['Insert'

I've logged out and back in and things seem to be working as of now.
Before creating the orca-customizations.py file I had started orca and
the modifier key had again set itself to Caps_Lock.  I'll continue
using the computer and post if it does it again or if things stop
working in firefox.]

Thanks for your help,
rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                     robdcraw gmail com