Re: [orca-list] Braille/speech differs: misspelt words being reported

Hello Joanmarie and rest,

Joanmarie Diggs <joanmarie diggs gmail com> wrote on Sa, Mai 15, 2010 at 12:06:44 -0400:
Hey Michael, all.

I think all this indicates is how much we are trying to put onto dots 7
and 8.

Yup. <smiles>

I need a spec detailing how we can mark things up in braille in an
efficient manner. As I've said before, I can read braille, but I'm not a
braille user. I need your collective expertise to guide me on this
particular issue.
I think dots 7 and 8 are enough to mark that there's something different. If I
really want to find out, whether I wrote one word bold or whether this is really
misspelled, I would suggest that Orca +f shows formatting and color. I don't
know whether there's currently a function for speaking/brailling color, but I
think it's a neat function anyway. And this would resolve the confusion what
dots 7 and 8 mean.

Greetings
Sebastian