[orca-list] Laptop keystrokes for Orca without numPads
- From: Keith Hinton <keithint1234 gmail com>
- To: orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
- Subject: [orca-list] Laptop keystrokes for Orca without numPads
- Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:54:22 -0400
the subject should pretty much be enough. But I have a few questions.
1. How useable is orca on a laptop?
2. What documentation if any is available to learn the Orca laptop
3. Does Orca at this time have an option that would allow one to use
it all without utilizing a numeric keypad layout?
This would include flat-review and every other Orca setting where a
desktop keyboard would be assumed to be in use.
That's a great concern of mine.
For instance, although my Laptop does have an FN-Key where I can force
it to emulate num-pad functionality, I do not use it, and would
strongly resist having to use that. I hardly do.
If Orca lacks such a thing in it, this would be a nice thing to see
put into it.
How difficult would this be to develop into the Orca screen reader,
without breaking the existing desktop keyboard functionality?
Have a look at something like the laptop keyboard layout put into the
JAWS for Windows screen-access program from Freedom Scientific, Inc.
Having a laptop keyboard layout similar to that in Orca where capslock
is also like the insert (orca key) and such.
If this already exists, great- but if not, I wanted to bring this up anyways.
Thanks. Sorry for bringing this up if it has already been discussed,
but as I haven't had time to go thorugh the list archives I'm not sure
if such topic has come up.
Thanks and have a great day!
] [Thread Prev